Outside Builder Sales Position:
Job Location: Vermont – Territory in Chittenden and Addison Counties
Build your professional career with Windows & Doors By Brownell! We currently have a position open for a career minded individual. We’re looking for a self-motivated person that is ready to become a Marvin Window and Door professional and work with builders on a day to day basis. Outgoing individuals with building materials, interior design or architectural backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
The focus of this position is the development of builder sales in a defined territory. The primary goal is to establish a committed customer base in order to ensure repeat business and long term profitability.
Customer relationship building and providing effective solutions to your customers are keys to long term success in this position. This person will be proactive and responsive to their customer’s needs and will spend 70-80% of their day in the field meeting with builders, homeowners or architects.
Responsibilities: The Outside Sales Rep is responsible to identify and call on businesses that aren’t already part of the WDB customer base. A list of potential customers will be provided, it will then be the Outside Sales Rep’s responsibility to build on that list and identify additional leads through datamining, cold calling, networking, referrals and marketing.
The Outside Sales Rep must become a product expert and should provide customers with both product knowledge and jobsite assistance. It is through this knowledge and expertise that an Outside Sales rep builds repeat business and customer loyalty.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of WDB services
- Identify leads, manage prospects, maintain good follow up practices and acquire new business
- Complete scheduled and cold call prospecting activities to establish first appointments
- Propose customer solutions that meet their designs and needs
- Prepare and deliver quoting for projects and follow up with the decision makers
- Develop and maintain awareness of the market trends in your territory and respond accordingly
- Regularly meet with the Sales Manager to plan and review weekly activity
- Other Duties as assigned